Nature Beauty of nature, show yours, thanks

6173982367_151830c54f_b.jpg

Sidekick 4G

A trip to Martha's Vineyard...mostly Nature

If you go down a very long dirt road in the northwestern part of Martha's Vineyard you come to Cedar Tree Neck Santuary. All shots either Lumix 14 or Oly 40-150:

20110921-10-56-10_9210404.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20110921-11-04-25_9210407.jpg

20110921-11-25-40_9210416.jpg

More from this week's trip to the Vineyard at Album Archive

You're the lucky one, Tom! I haven't been up there in more years than I care to say - what a special island it is, but I'll never forget my bicycle ride!:eek: I wasn't used to riding like that.;)

Thanks for the link - I'll be heading over!

Gee, thanks Tom - I am a serious walker and a hiker if it's not too slippery, too steep, or too dangerous.;) I do love to be outdoors the most. I know the Appalachian Trail runs near there and probably through the reservation. Here's a link for folks who might not have any idea about this part of the USA: www.gbtrails.org There are tons of sites about the area. Our friends live "right around the corner" from Monument Mountain, so it was an easy one for us to do... Once I did the steep trail and was really nervous about falling... Having had a torn rotator cuff once and the operation to fix it, I'm a little wary.

A good friend of our has hiked a whole bunch of the Appalachian Trail...I think he does several hundred miles each summer - he's a mountain man, for sure.

Here is a picture I took last year from a portion of the "AT" bordering Sherman, CT and New York.

5179213589_b8e70cf8a8_b.jpg

I want to get up to Macedonia State Park in Kent, Ct and do some walking...and I'm pretty sure we can bring our dog if we keep him on the leash.(y)

Hello Tom, some glorious pictures on your Picasa site. Love the Sandpipers and the shot of the boat at night looks every bit as good as the Fuji X100's night offerings!

BB, gorgeous landscape shot with the Fuji! I realize that I have only seen a tiny, tiny bit of the big U S of A. I need to see more!

Back