Nature Beauty of nature, show yours, thanks

GRD3
09-11-0126-Edit.jpg

Thanks Sis, the camera has proved itself again. I wish it wasn't as good as it is. Really!
It's causing a shakeup in the camera cabinet. Mumblings can be heard in my sleep. I dreamed this image and then made it...
It's what I saw in my dream.....

Norman, I'm in love - with the sheep, the layers and the countryside! What a place - and what a flock!

Don, you know what they say "to sleep perchance to dream". Your dreams were better than mine - I dreamt my dog was stolen, but I did find him.

tann, my friend, you've been hiding your light under a bushel, as they say! I just clicked on that snow covered beauty and have become to look at your complete series - very impressive! Ansel Adams meets the LX5 - wow!!!!:th_salute: Please consider adding more here or start a new thread or add a link or... They're very well done.

Ricky, such beautiful simplicity. Am I correct that this is a dandelion? Probably showing up earlier due to the terrible drought you all have been living through?

tann, my friend, you've been hiding your light under a bushel, as they say! I just clicked on that snow covered beauty and have become to look at your complete series - very impressive! Ansel Adams meets the LX5 - wow!!!!:th_salute: Please consider adding more here or start a new thread or add a link or... They're very well done.

Ricky, such beautiful simplicity. Am I correct that this is a dandelion? Probably showing up earlier due to the terrible drought you all have been living through?

Thanks! I don't know why, but I never bothered before to figure out how to link from Flickr, and thus giving people access to all my pages.

It was beginners luck: first time w/the Panny, first time in RAW, first time using manual. In fact, I was constantly looking for a 'long exposure button' until it hit me on the way out of the park, "To get a longer exposure, maybe I should.....OH!!!!!......"

I keep putting it off, but I hope to be shooting with a Canon 7D before the year is out, so I many no longer qualify as a serious compact sort of guy.

Thanks again.

Yes, it's a dandelion. Something about a field of them is very pretty to me. I took this back before the drought got real bad, but we got an inch and a half of rain a couple of days ago so I'm happy about that.

Taan, glad you finally got it together to link via Flickr - and no matter what camera you use, you'll always be welcome here...plus, now I have marked you as a contact on Flickr.;)

Ricky, I think dandelions are beautiful and to see a field of them is wonderful...but even more wonderful is your good news about the rain! May it please be the beginning of refilling the watering holes, and the rivers and streams. Please keep us posted, Ricky - with pictures and words.

I live in South Central Washington State, USA. We are a shrub steppe desert averaging <5-6" of precipitation per year, mostly in a few snow storms. Looks like this everywhere except down in the river basins and deltas. I live in the area of the confluence of the Columbia and Yakima rivers. This shot was taken about 3.5 miles due west of my office. For you wine enthusiasts, I live in the Red Mountain AVA Appellation area.

Back