Leica Been "insanely busy" with work.

Brian

Product of the Fifties
And not enough time for photography...

Been focusing on some new projects that I've been asked to take on, and the project that I've worked on for 15 years now still needs attention. If there is a pony in here- I still use FORTRAN, Assembly, DOS and Wordstar -for almost 40 years- and get asked to take on new projects, eased turning 60 this year.

Will be posting as I can; but spending a lot of time catching up on things. I feel like Rip Van Winkle sometimes. But most of the time- feel like I crawled out of my cave after the Asteroid hit and all my Dinosaur friends got wiped out. It is fun to run DOS on a 2.4GHz system with a FAT-32 SATA drive with PharLap extenders allocating 4GBytes of RAM and then taking full control of the CPU. I don't worry about speculative execution kernel leaks.

A friend EMailed me about the Intel Spec Exec vulnerability, let me know DOS was completely unaffected...

I think we all know what my solution is to this problem...

I'm over 60 and still working. I don't know what I would do with myself if I wasn't.

Photography and photography gear is a fascination for me that I think I will never lose. I always try to make time for it, but sometimes it is difficult.

I tend to drop in and out of active photography, just like I drop in and out of the forum.

I turned 68 in early December. My wife and I retired about a year and a half ago after teaching 30 years/40 years respectively. I was a fine arts undergrad in the late 60s in Boston followed by a five year run in the Air Force. Grad school thereafter and yes there were a couple of periods of time that photography was not #1 on my priority list. Although I did end up teaching "fine art" photography I later moved on to teaching broadcast photojournalism, (Yup, an f-stop is an f-stop.), and during semesters with heavy teaching loads still photo often needed to take a back seat.
I feel very fortunate now to be able to allot a significant amount of time to, as I call it, "my art". (Still like the gear part too. ;-))
So, hang in there Brian. I'm sure you'll be "out and about" making images more often than perhaps you think you will right now.
Take care.
. . . David

Last edited by a moderator:
Back