Being Human

Doesn't look terribly starry does it?

Didn't know that series had been picked up by north American networks. The first series was extraordinarily good. Wonder how it'll transfer ...

We see Being Human on BBC America. Evidently this season is being filmed in Montreal. Didn't care for it too much after Mitchell and George died.

done a bit of googling and it seems this is a remake of the first series for NA - or as the producer says "a reimagining" ... hmmm ... anyway I agree with you Kristen, I thought the first series stood perfectly on it's own, and subsequent ones just didn;t grab me at all

done a bit of googling and it seems this is a remake of the first series for NA - or as the producer says "a reimagining" ... hmmm ... anyway I agree with you Kristen, I thought the first series stood perfectly on it's own, and subsequent ones just didn;t grab me at all

remakes for the NA markets do not do well, they seem to lose too much in translation to Hollywood-speak.

Nicely done images!!!

The irony is those in North America don't want to see Americanized versions of things. We are content to watch them as they are. That's like making alternative versions of Star Trek. Uhm NO! Likewise, all the movie remakes they do are disappointing. It's like, can't you think of anything new? And don't get me started on reality tv LOL. American Idol was fresh the first couple years, now they can't even keep hosts for it. Time to let that dead dog go.

There is a remake that in my opinion does a good job in translation. It is the English language version of Wallander starring Kenneth Branner, where it succeeds is that it is still set in Sweden and seems to retain a Scandenavian feel. The original Swedish language series were excellent too.

ah i thought Branagh was a bit shouty and angry for the part. i prefer the Swedish series (there were two, with different casts) , but then I'm a bit odd anyway.

So the swedish version is subtitled right? :D I might have swedish roots and relatives but I don't speak let alone read it and now I am curious to see both.

So the swedish version is subtitled right? :D I might have swedish roots and relatives but I don't speak let alone read it and now I am curious to see both.

Yes, English subs. As already mentioned there are two different Swedish productions and both are very good. I suggest watching the older series first.

ah i thought Branagh was a bit shouty and angry for the part. i prefer the Swedish series (there were two, with different casts) , but then I'm a bit odd anyway.

Either your not a bit odd or I am too - I agree entirely. I like the Brannagh version but the Swedish version with Krister Henriksson is much more in keeping with the mood of the novels. The version with Rolf Lassgård was also excellent but for me Henriksson is Wallander.

You can find most of the Henriksson series (with English subtitles) on You Tube. just do a search for Wallander and look for posts by JadedMusicFan. (They are all on there so I assume the producers are ok with it.)

Back