Fuji Best CSC Professional camera 2012

although you can doubt whether any CSC is currently really professional, Sony and Olympus are probably a little disappointed about this!

Well, Sony and Olympus might not be that disappointed after all, because they also won. It appears that the logic behind the TIPA Awards is if you have enough categories, everyone ends up a winner. In the CSC sector alone, there are four awards:

Best CSC Entry Level: Olympus Pen E-PL3
Best CSC Advanced: Panasonic Lumix GX1
Best CSC Expert: Sony Nex 7
Best CSC Pro: Fuji X-Pro1

And, I guess they do not consider the Leica M9P a CSC, since they gave it its Best Premium Camera award rather than any of the CSC awards.

Looks like marketing BS to me...

Cheers,

Antonio

Well, Sony and Olympus might not be that disappointed after all, because they also won. It appears that the logic behind the TIPA Awards is if you have enough categories, everyone ends up a winner. In the CSC sector alone, there are four awards:

Best CSC Entry Level: Olympus Pen E-PL3
Best CSC Advanced: Panasonic Lumix GX1
Best CSC Expert: Sony Nex 7
Best CSC Pro: Fuji X-Pro1

And, I guess they do not consider the Leica M9P a CSC, since they gave it its Best Premium Camera award rather than any of the CSC awards.

Cheers,

Antonio

Spot on.

Cheers,

Antonio

Best "Premium Camera"? What kind of award category is that? :)
Also interesting ist the distinction between "Digital SLR Professional" (Canon) and "Digital SLR Expert" (Nikon)...

There's almost a category for every single product that's brought to market per year... :)

Dan / Country Parson: ofcourse many CSC's can be used to achieve results that can be used in professional context (newspaper, magazine, art exhibit), but for a camera to be considered "professional" I think it should be built to be a tool that's so reliable and versatile that a pro can really depend on it. IMO the OM-D comes closest to this, with its many options, extensive lens choices and weather-sealing, but Olympus themselves said the OM-D isn't meant for the professional market (unlike the E-5), because it isn't built to almost-guarantee a working life of over 100,000 shots.

Back