Fuji Best FujiX for video

sm17

Hi, I am wondering what is the best Fuji for a second camera that supports video? My main one is a GH3. Kindly explain reasons. I love the way FujiX look and this camera will be in my hand when I go out as opposed to the GH3.
Thanks.

None of the current production X-cams have video of the GH3's calibre. The bitrate is much too low on cameras like the X-Pro 1 and X100, but the upcoming X100S and X20 promise a 36mbps 1080p/60 video. I have not found if this is 60p or 60i, the latter just being 30p interlaced. If it is 60p, you'll be able to get reasonable slow motion effects and a kind of image stabilization, too. Even the Olympus OM-D, which I love, doesn't have the video capabilities nor quality of the GH3.

I was very pleasantly surprised, however, by the full HD video of the X10. Not bad at all, although again not like the GH3, or even the OM-D. The AF hunts way too much, and there is no provision for manual adjustment, either before or during video shooting. I look forward to seeing what the X100S and X20 can with with video, and what video features are offered.

Back