Fuji Best way to support the X-Pert?

jloden

All-Pro
Name
Jay
Rico,

Hope you don't mind my posting this as a public thread but I thought it would be worth sharing with the forum.

As most people here already know, you are a huge resource for our Fuji user community not just with your reviews, X-Pert Corner posts, and your X-system camera books, but also with your constant willingness to share your hard-earned knowledge here on the forum. I know doing all this is a substantial investment of time and effort. What I'd like to know is how can we best & most effectively support you?

Buying your books? Purchasing through affiliate links? Is there somewhere we can donate?

You are too kind. :)

I don't earn a dime with affiliate shop links, so while you can and should certainly use them to support a website you like, it's no way to support what I do.

Sadly, the only way is indeed buying plenty of my (e)books and promoting the overall success of the X-series. The more people use the cameras, the more can also use a good camera (e)book.

That said, I'd still make a loss even if I sold 10 times as many books. However, I already sold more X-Pro1 books in Germany than Fuji sold X-Pro1 cameras in Germany (yes, really!), so there is some kind of "market saturation" here. ;) Basically, I am the most successful camera book author in the known universe if you just look at the "conversion rate". However, I am at the same the least successful of all if you look at absolute numbers and compare my efforts/investments to eventual returns. Bummer.

Of course, if I charged 100 bucks per eBook, we could make it work. But you wouldn't want that, would you? ;)

All this basically means that I should concentrate on cameras that sell. There's a reason why everybody is writing books on the X100(S): it's much more popular than X-Mount cameras. So I'll definitely have an eye on Fuji's next big fixed-lens camera.

Y

That said, I'd still make a loss even if I sold 10 times as many books. However, I already sold more X-Pro1 books in Germany than Fuji sold X-Pro1 cameras in Germany (yes, really!), so there is some kind of "market saturation" here. ;) Basically, I am the most successful camera book author in the known universe if you just look at the "conversion rate". However, I am at the same the least successful of all if you look at absolute numbers and compare my efforts/investments to eventual returns. Bummer.

Of course, if I charged 100 bucks per eBook, we could make it work. But you wouldn't want that, would you? ;)

All this basically means that I should concentrate on cameras that sell. There's a reason why everybody is writing books on the X100(S): it's much more popular than X-Mount cameras. So I'll definitely have an eye on Fuji's next big fixed-lens camera.

LOL. That's pretty strange, guess people find your book fascinating reading even if they don't own the camera, haha.

Well I never did get an X-E2 so I'll have to wait for an X-T1 book or something from you next I guess. In the meantime, sounds like you need to set up a donate link! :cool:

Looking forward for the ebook, that explains why rocknotsowell is overly excited reviewing every canikon entry camera!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On request of a few German forum users, I started to setup a Fuji X Secrets workshop here in Germany. The first 2 dates sold out within a few hours each, so I'll do some more. I'll also try to set up a few dates in Santa Barbara this fall/winter, probably end of November and early December.

Back