Sigma Between weather fronts with light to die for

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
The fast moving jet stream that has been bringing us wind and rain is also responsible for some remarkably clear air, so when we do see the sun the quality of the light is exceptional. This was today on Dartmoor.

DP1M0370.jpg

The river Plym below Trowlesworthy Tor

DP1M0379.jpg

Further up the Plym. There's vegetation in that bush in the forground that suggests the river was perhaps four or five feet higher in recent days

DP1M0398.jpg

Little Trowlesworthy Tor

DP1M0402.jpg

A ruined wall below Trowlesworthy Tor, an area rich in old settlement and hut circle remains

DP1M0404.jpg

Bad weather in the form of a heavy shower coming up behind me, and yes I got a soaking and on a couple of occasions very nearly blundered into a quaking bog as I tried to find my way back to the road below so I ended up following the line of this old wall back towards Trowlesworthy Warren Farm and safety.

Sigma DP1M

Barrie

I have special memories of Dartmoor. I had a heart attack on the Moor in 2006. A fire engine was the closest emergency vehicle and it turned up for a fireman to pop an aspirin in my mouth. I thought I was going to be carted to hospital on the ladder rack!

I must go back some time!

Lovely shots by the way!

I have special memories of Dartmoor. I had a heart attack on the Moor in 2006. A fire engine was the closest emergency vehicle and it turned up for a fireman to pop an aspirin in my mouth. I thought I was going to be carted to hospital on the ladder rack!

I must go back some time!

Lovely shots by the way!

Peter, most people settle for getting evacuated by helicopter :)

Thanks Barrie,

My family used to run the Post Office, and have the first house as you came down the hill as you came into Widecombe. I spent a number of Summers there as a child and have very happy memories of the place.

Thanks Barrie,

My family used to run the Post Office, and have the first house as you came down the hill as you came into Widecombe. I spent a number of Summers there as a child and have very happy memories of the place.

Too young perhaps to have been in the Rugglestone Inn just on the outskirts of Widecombe, however to drink thier cider you really need a driver for afterwards :)

The Rugglestone Inn - Widecombe in the Moor - Dartmoor

Barrie

Back