Big Freeze image thread

Cleaning lady in the lobby today at work sprayed the outside of the glass doors with windex, and by the time she swiped at it witha rag, it was frozen into a big hazey patch. Much chuckling ensued.

I put these up in the Nikon thread earlier, forgetting about this thread. Here are two taken about 20 minutes apart this morning, so you can see how fast it was coming down. We got about a foot with a few more inches due tonight when the tail of the storm comes around. My brother's place in Roanoke is at 22" and counting, but they're in Florida..... worrying about how their house is doing. Years like this make me deeply thankful that we moved out of our house into a condo several years ago. This one would have been a BUGGER to shovel - very heavy and wet snow...

View attachment 85754
More snow-8-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

View attachment 85755
More snow-3-2-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

All of which means another snow day for my wife and all of the other teachers in the area, extending summer vacation back over a week at this point...

View attachment 85756
More snow-5-2-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Wow, Ray - Roanoke with 22 new inches and counting!:eek:

Hey, your condo idea is sounding better all the time!

I can feel the weight of this winter in each of your pictures. To spring!:drinks:

'Still digging out on da' hill as we like to call it. (Burke Mtn, NEK Vermont.) A neighbor's leftover holiday decoration.
X Pro1, 35mm, ISO400, f2. LR5, Silver Efex Pro 2.
. . . David

Attachments

• Leftover Christmas Decoration B+W (1 of 1).jpg
    Leftover Christmas Decoration B+W (1 of 1).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 136
Gee, thanks Ed - it is beautiful, we look down upon the Housatonic River...thankfully quite a ways below so our house won't be flooded when all this snow melts and the river overflows its banks... This is our first winter up here, so it's all new to us.

The snow is about two feet deep...and thankfully my husband is good with the snow blower and knows how to fix it! (y)

Back