Big time Basketball at my University

Name
Mel
Last night, my wife and I traveled 160 miles to watch my Kansas University play Texas Tech in basketball. KU is #7 in the nation and TT was 13. Our seats were in the nose bleed section of the Fieldhouse but it did not matter. I was among the 16. 299 other fans screaming for the Jayhawks. KU has won 17 and lost 2 and had previously lost to this team so it was a revenge-type game. It went to two overtimes with KU winning 94-91. Got home around 2:00 am and although they do not build old fieldhouses for old men to walk up and down the stairs, we made it and it was fun. Took an Olympus OM D EM10 with the kit 40-150 lens. Here are some results. It is certainly more comfortable from our seats than when we photograph from the floor.
P1240005.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1240018.jpg
P1240036.jpg
P1240038.jpg

The place was packed at tip-off. The school has a mask mandate and no one was allowed to go maskless due to COVID concerns. They have a 3 and out policy. First--an usher tells you to put your mask on, two if you violate it again a supervisor talks to you, and the third time, a trained person removes you. The rule was very well followed with 16,300 following it, a few with noses out. Our All-American Agbaji had 37 points last night.

Back