Fuji Birding with XE-1

The Robin in Britain does tend to be a very confiding bird. I often deliberately disturb fallen leaves whilst on a country walk and the local Robin will soon be down to investigate for possible food in the litter, coming very close in order to do so. Likewise gardeners will find it coming very close if they are digging the soil for example. I'm given to understand that in continental Europe it is a less confiding species.

Barrie

The Robin in Britain does tend to be a very confiding bird. I often deliberately disturb fallen leaves whilst on a country walk and the local Robin will soon be down to investigate for possible food in the litter, coming very close in order to do so. Likewise gardeners will find it coming very close if they are digging the soil for example. I'm given to understand that in continental Europe it is a less confiding species.

Barrie

Perhaps there are such things as Robin stew, or Robin pâté which cause the difference... :rolleyes:

Nice photograph.

Barrie

I did see a few on my winter walk today, but to get a shot like this i'd need a 300-400mm zoom ;)

I often have giant fluorescent bats coming to visit me and perch on my shoulder, but to be honest, I'm a bit worried about the mushrooms my greengrocer is selling at the moment

Back