Fuji Bit the bullet, ordered HS50 EXR...

Try the camera out in the toughest situations you can find. I'd really like to know if the HS50 is a viable option for me. I'm not going to compare it to an APS-C DSLR... but I think sensor and lens technology is finally reaching the point where a camera like this is a genuine option.

Yes please. Go and photograph those white swans again. I'd like to see how the HS handles that as compared to the SX.

Will do! Hopefully the swans will be accommodating.

Try the camera out in the toughest situations you can find. I'd really like to know if the HS50 is a viable option for me. I'm not going to compare it to an APS-C DSLR... but I think sensor and lens technology is finally reaching the point where a camera like this is a genuine option.

I'll make some RAWs and full-size TIFFs available for people to download, and also some comparable images with the Canon SX50, which seems to have the best sensor of this generation of 1000+ mm superzooms. Unfortunately, I can't do a true back-to-back comparo, as I had to sell the SX50 to help finance the new Fuji.

Ultimately, it was the tiny, low-res EVF of the Canon that caused me to turn to the HS50.

Back