Film black and white film

thanks a lot, I've bookmarked it. Good news, I found a local camera shop. The technician will load the bulk film for me for the whopping price of $10. Sold, I'm in biz :)

Last edited:
last update. It turns out the unit is missing the light seal. The stopper that keeps all light out so you don't ruin all the film. I've contacted the seller, is there a homemade diy invention? Like a piece of felt like the canister's have? Has anyone run into this before? I wasn't charged but the film can't be loaded because of potential light leak. Bummer. Still have 100ft of monochrome though. Watson 66b. If I can't find a fix, I have to buy another one.

I've come up with an alternative that I have to run by the store. If I could bring my roll in let's say 2 x year. Fill 10 canister's at $2.50 per. $25 That's almost 1/2 the roll. I should be ok. I have to ask them if it's feasible first. Then yes a downer for sure.

Consider this thread closed. It's not worth it unless you shoot a lot of film/ colour or mono. I had a bad loader. To find a local provider to load the film at a decent rate. I paid $114 for $100 ft. And I paid $40 for the loader. It had a light leak hence useless . Unless you shoot a lot of film. It's just not worth it in the long run. Never mind mistakes

Consider this thread closed. It's not worth it unless you shoot a lot of film/ colour or mono. I had a bad loader. To find a local provider to load the film at a decent rate. I paid $114 for $100 ft. And I paid $40 for the loader. It had a light leak hence useless . Unless you shoot a lot of film. It's just not worth it in the long run. Never mind mistakes
Aww, sorry to hear it. Hand rolling your own isn't as hard as it sounds, though.

I know, I could look into it. I don't do enough volume to justify the overall costs. Might give it another try. Plus the store rolls the film for $2.50/canister. It's not that it's hard it's just getting total darkness and doing the deed in the darkness. I do have the sleeve/bag thing though. The store didn't need it. I'll keep it around. I ended up with 20 full rolls and 1/2 from my 100ft canister. That should last me awhile. maybe til the end of next summer. Considering I'm going to shoot film only in the summer time.

Good Evening,

Not sure if this is the right church or pew, so let me know if I have to move this. This is part an old restored farm in Foster, Rhode Island. New owners that want to live a simpler life, if that is at all possible these days. Shot with a Linhof Super Technika w/ Schneider 120mm f5.6 lens, using Ilford Delta 100 and an orange filter for increased contrast.

Regards,

Edd

FosterBarn4x5-1.jpg

Good Evening,

Not sure if this is the right church or pew, so let me know if I have to move this. This is part an old restored farm in Foster, Rhode Island. New owners that want to live a simpler life, if that is at all possible these days. Shot with a Linhof Super Technika w/ Schneider 120mm f5.6 lens, using Ilford Delta 100 and an orange filter for increased contrast.

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 303847
That looks great, and I'm patting myself on the back because I thought "looks like Delta" before I even read your text! Very nice tones.

Back