Black and White from the NEX-3

Here are some shots i've taken so far with my camera. Lens = 15-55mm kit lens

5470372960_99bdd82331.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5469779495_67bb23fd39.jpg
5455050719_c2d7b2abb4.jpg
5470825647_d202d7412d.jpg

Jason, you look as though you might be living around the northeast with that recent snowfall. Not that we are the only ones in the country with snow.;)

I see that you're using Flickr now - that's great as it makes it so much easier to click on to see larger. Please consider adding a link to your Flickr stream in your signature line.

Nice details in your cold winter scenes, especially on such a grey day!

Jason, you look as though you might be living around the northeast with that recent snowfall. Not that we are the only ones in the country with snow.;)

I see that you're using Flickr now - that's great as it makes it so much easier to click on to see larger. Please consider adding a link to your Flickr stream in your signature line.

Nice details in your cold winter scenes, especially on such a grey day!

@BBW and @street Shooter yes I do live in the northeast to be exact i live in the borough of the bronx in NYC =) and thanks glad you like it Sony NEX-3 - a set on Flickr

I really appreciate all the great feedback i'm receiving and any advice is welcome. Also if there are any techniques that can help me, please feel free to share =)

One good tip is before converting to B&W is to up the saturation and contrast then convert to B&W. It all depends on how you want the image to look. Just keep fiddling until you find the results you are after.

Jason, which software are you using for your photographs? For heavy duty discussions about software, there are some in the Image Processing forum that are quite helpful, but since you've posted photographs here and are interested in feedback... Well, I think it would be quite helpful to know if you're using Lightroom, iPhoto, Aperture or some other type.

May be worth you downloading some free photo editing software free from the net. Just type in 'Free photo editing software' and see what comes up. Photo editing is fun and you can get the desired look quite easily. Picassa is quite good. If you have a Mac then iPhoto is not a bad little editor.

Back