Black and white, or monochrome photos of people

Otto

Regular
Jan 3, 2011
Forney, TX
Just a quick note about the Piano Man... the woman, and girl, were in a glass enclosed elevator that is surrounded with a glass/mirror wall that magnifies their appearance making them look about two times actual size. There is also the man resting his chin on his hand, and the legs and boots belong to a woman that was out of the picture. I didn't see any of that until afterward at home.

Thanks again, and good shooting,
Otto...

Reactions: BBW

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Really like all the photos on this page. That piano one, it fooled me though. I thought it was a piano duet with two grands and two men (a la the Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock piano duet concert). It wasn't until I read Wylie's post when I looked at it again and noticed something not quite right about the image, I realised I'd been duped! Very very well shot, that photo.

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
you should be able to figure it out...
Some great shots in the past few pages here - just went through them all. Here are a couple additional from the Mummers parade the other day to go along with the series of color shots I stuck up in the other thread recently. Those were with the ep2 and a long lens - these are the LX-5 and all at a 35mm equivalent.

-Ray

View attachment 31778

View attachment 31779

View attachment 31780

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Love that three looks one, Javier! I'm also living vicariously with all that sunshine.:wink:

Ray, great Mummer's Parade...my favorite is that last one - the guy's smile, the the reflections of the vendor's truck, the buyer's parted hair, ear and hand - all worked wonderfully!

Christina, very stealthy catch!

I really like the photo BB but would have liked to see a bit more shadow detail. Looks cold.

We have our Australia Day public holiday on Wednesday and the forecast temperture is for over 100 degrees F. A bit of compromise between these extremes would be nice.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Thanks Peter. I did make it more contrasty and dark than the original because I liked the extremes, but I may give it another try and see about allowing more shadow detail. It was an exceptionally bright blue sky, white snow kind of day. Really beautiful!

I feel your discomfort about that 100 degree weather, however. I agree - how about the perfect 70 to 75 F degree, low humidity perfect place to live? OK, Traam, with several weeks of really nice snow, too.:drinks:

javier

Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

tough guy

the brakes

pimping his cd

barfing up his lunch

mean girls

all shot with the lx-5

Will

All-Pro
Aug 30, 2010
England
A conversation with Basil
He worked for my family from 1938 until last year when he had to retire with a bad leg!
Believe it or not he is 82 years old in these pictures
He always had a lot to say!

GRD2

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom