Black and white, or monochrome photos of people

The first of these is one of the only shots I've done where I was talking to the guy beforehand and he actually sort of posed for it. The next few were all taken with a very long lens, so they're spontaneous but from a great distance. None of these are the typical types of street shots I take where I'm right in the scrum and usually catch more about the situation than particular people - these all have a very different feel than I'm used to. Just messing around with varied approaches...

-Ray

View attachment 33075

View attachment 33076

View attachment 33077

View attachment 33078

View attachment 33079

5441602820_9a31893a34_b.jpg

E-PL1 with Konica AR Hexanon 40/1.8 @ f/2.8
Grainy B&W in OV2
this is very good!

John, there's a dreamlike quality to this portrait and your wife's expression...the way her hair is blowing... She looks as though she's in a lovely far away moment. For all I know, she's looking at your son on a field...but that's what I take away from this image. Thanks for posting it here.

Beautiful image. You can't buy memories like this off the shelf and capturing these early years, which seem to slip by so quickly, has got to be one of the top reasons to take photographs in the first place. Doing it well can sometimes be a challenge, but in your case that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Armanius, I'm with John - a beautiful image! Besides the beauty, I also see a bit of humor, as well. She (or he?) looks a bit like a little visitor from outer space that baby carrier pod...with the upside down fish like being mirroring her expression. Wonderful catch lights in those big innocent, all the world is her oyster, eyes!

Back