Black and white, or monochrome photos of people

Just a quick note about the Piano Man... the woman, and girl, were in a glass enclosed elevator that is surrounded with a glass/mirror wall that magnifies their appearance making them look about two times actual size. There is also the man resting his chin on his hand, and the legs and boots belong to a woman that was out of the picture. I didn't see any of that until afterward at home.

Thanks again, and good shooting,
Otto...

Really like all the photos on this page. That piano one, it fooled me though. I thought it was a piano duet with two grands and two men (a la the Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock piano duet concert). It wasn't until I read Wylie's post when I looked at it again and noticed something not quite right about the image, I realised I'd been duped! Very very well shot, that photo.

Some great shots in the past few pages here - just went through them all. Here are a couple additional from the Mummers parade the other day to go along with the series of color shots I stuck up in the other thread recently. Those were with the ep2 and a long lens - these are the LX-5 and all at a 35mm equivalent.

-Ray

View attachment 31778

View attachment 31779

View attachment 31780

Policia - Leica X1

L1002408-2.jpg

Love that three looks one, Javier! I'm also living vicariously with all that sunshine.;)

Ray, great Mummer's Parade...my favorite is that last one - the guy's smile, the the reflections of the vendor's truck, the buyer's parted hair, ear and hand - all worked wonderfully!

Christina, very stealthy catch!

Thanks Peter. I did make it more contrasty and dark than the original because I liked the extremes, but I may give it another try and see about allowing more shadow detail. It was an exceptionally bright blue sky, white snow kind of day. Really beautiful!

I feel your discomfort about that 100 degree weather, however. I agree - how about the perfect 70 to 75 F degree, low humidity perfect place to live? OK, Traam, with several weeks of really nice snow, too.:drinks:

venicebeachwiththelx-534.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

tough guy
venicebeachwiththelx-531.jpg

the brakes
venicebeachwiththelx-514.jpg

pimping his cd
venicebeachwiththelx-518.jpg

barfing up his lunch
venicebeachwiththelx-527.jpg

mean girls
venicebeachwiththelx-512.jpg

all shot with the lx-5

Back