Black and white, or monochrome photos of people

Love the first shot Russ. Candid without being intrusive, though I think I would crop out the foreground with those tyre tracks. Spoils the mood.

Self Portrait

5663663966_aa037e47dd_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Anish Kapoor's "Hexagonal Mirror" at Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, New York.

Cheers,

Antonio

Christian, your seemingly extraterrestrial violinist threw me for a minute - at first I thought he was one of those ubiquitous mannequins!:D

Antonio, thank you for showing us the less beaten paths of Old San Juan. I suppose, I should really only speak for myself and it was way too many years ago that I had the pleasure of visiting. You are building a fantastic collection of images that should make a wonderful set of photographic books.

Lovely moment - and I bet she didn't hear the shutter click!

Very nice dark tones Ray...you know, I know it's not "black and white" per se. Great details!
Thanks BB. In terms of 'great details', its actually VERY heavily cropped and the detail still holds up pretty well. That's actually where this camera sort of blows my mind. I'm not a pixel peeper, but generally a 100% crop will show even ME all of the technical flaws in a shot. 100% crops from this camera, unless in very low light at very high ISO, actually look incredibly good. This isn't 100%, but its getting there.

And, no, I didn't hear the shutter click, so I'm pretty sure she didn't either... :)

-Ray

Aww, shucks I must have missed your first run through - but I do like both of your pictures. I'm guessing it was the first that had the tracks. A lovely quiet moment that you caught there. I think I can feel the salt water mist in your second, Russ.

Alf, I already spotted this portrait of your muse over on Flickr and think soft vignetting looks just right!

Back