Black & White, monotone and sepia

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Fremantle, Western Australia
Andrew
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pont au Change - PARIS-2018-52 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Pont au Change is a bridge over the Seine River in Paris, France. The bridge owes its name to the goldsmiths and money changers who had installed their shops on an earlier version of the bridge in the 12th century. The current bridge was constructed from 1858 to 1860, during the reign of Napoleon III, and bears his imperial insignia.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

The Maintenance Man - UK2016-60 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A man spotted working along a ledge on front of the The Headland Hotel in Newquay, Cornwall is more recently famous for the filming of the 1987 production of Roald Dahl’s, The Witches. I suspect with a sea frontage there is plenty of work to be had for this gentleman.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Manninc's Bld'cs - Dated Buildings and Cornerstones - {W01} by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This photograph continues my social history project documenting both the mundane and the interesting in the City of Fremantle and surrounding areas through the medium of <a href="Waymarking - A scavenger hunt for unique and interesting locations in the world" rel="noreferrer nofollow">waymarking.com</a>.

Besides the very unusual name, I cannot find any information on this building. It does not appear to be heritage listed despite being built in 1092 according to the building date.

I guess it will remain a mystery.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom