B&W Black & White, monotone and sepia

5129494537_e6c114279a_z.jpg

LX5

I like this one - RF lens "style"

There were taken with a ye olde Lumix TZ6 and processed in Silver efex pro and Elements 6

A local old rectory that is supposed to be haunted. An investigation will be carried out by us in December but from what we have heard (and experienced!) this place is jumping!!!

5128615176_596d8dab40_b.jpg

5128009525_58c4f4daba_b.jpg

:DHappy Halloween! View attachment 30446

P.S. Bill - back a page here https://www.photographerslounge.org...epia-words-no-words-184/index16.html#post5119 I think that the selective use of color can work well. It would be good if you could figure out how to get a wider tonal range, however, with more whites or if we want to talk zone system - more on the 8, 9 and 10 scale of things so that there was more life and "pop". I don't know if that is possible or not. I think the framing of the scene is really good - the designs of the street lights, the church spire, the kiosk - the title of the movie itself, all work together very well. Just my thoughts.

retow, beautiful reflected light and the silhouette of that young woman, with her t-shirt's embellishments glinting...and the bright background - both great shots!

Andy, I'm a sucker for classic cars (hence as you know my attempt at mimicry with my not so classic MINI Cooper) - so I loved seeing those car pictures! #3 is the one for me! I feel absolutely sure that I can smell the leather and feel my hand on that stick shift - perfect interior! And as for today's rather appropriate photos of the haunted rectory - super choice of processing and use of the vignettes. I can't wait to see more - especially of the interiors.

Javier, thanks for keeping us in the here and now in LA, though Elvis is a perennial in so many places across the southwest here in the USA. You have to wonder how he'd feel playing second fiddle in there.;)

P.S. Thanks for the comments on my photos. I appreciate them very much.

Here are some old ones. I just processed these today. I seriously have about 300 gigs of photos and about 50 rolls of film I have not even looked at. These go back 2-3 years. Anyway, these are
from my G10 that I sold about a year ago.

CanonG103.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CanonG106.jpg

CanonG108.jpg

CanonG1015.jpg

CanonG1017.jpg

CanonG1022.jpg

Javier, I have to say that your first photograph is a my favorite, leaving politics out of it. I like the fact that you've connected with this guy and that he's at an off angle with his hand in his pocket, the graphics of his sign, the architectural detail, the bicyclists...the lines going backwards... I think you got the moment just right.

Javier, I have to say that your first photograph is a my favorite, leaving politics out of it. I like the fact that you've connected with this guy and that he's at an off angle with his hand in his pocket, the graphics of his sign, the architectural detail, the bicyclists...the lines going backwards... I think you got the moment just right.

Thank you so very much! :)

I've been watching you and your "little" cameras, on Flickr Andy! I, too, like that mirrored one and think it works the best in black and white, as I posted on Flickr. But my heart belongs to the VW Bus retrospective!:D Great b&w processing and the framing and the details within are super.

Back