B&W Black & White, monotone and sepia

16848216325_df11dcb564_b.jpg

Untitled by nzkphotography, on Flickr

Hehe, just yesterday I bugged Christina with my nasty plastic car allergy but seeing this beauty here, what can I say ? I'd love to have this image in my own collection ... seriously.
Douce points, monsieur.

An old truck, sitting in mud and fertilizer, on a farm just outside of Ashland, Oregon, near where I live -

View attachment 108395
Truck in the mud by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

That's pretty interesting. I've used Fortran for laser optics calculations 25 years ago but I don't remember a single command - the grace of senility.
I guess you convert the DNGs or bitmaps.

Quite possibly the first color->monochrome conversion using FORTRAN on the site.

16245090154_2f64fa0b4c_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
MONO_Y48_SMALL by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

100% crop.

16245090234_bfdf9aa91b_o.jpg
MONO_Y48_CROP by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Leica M8 with a Y48 yellow filter.

That's pretty interesting. I've used Fortran for laser optics calculations 25 years ago but I don't remember a single command - the grace of senility.
I guess you convert the DNGs or bitmaps.

A SMALL World! I've been using FORTRAN for over 35 years now, starting with spectral analysis. I still have a hard time accepting that lower case is allowed in the name...

Using the Yellow filter over the lens "confuses" most software, so I figured read in the values in the DNG file and process them to account for the change.

16875366665_7b8c776f32_o.jpg
MONO5677 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

16688085910_76e7fe2e7a_o.jpg
MONO5687 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Some of the routines used go back to the 1980s.

Okay- reading the TIFF 6.0 spec, how many others think this is hilarious...

"Bytes 2-3 An arbitrary but carefully chosen number (42) that further identifies the file as a TIFF file."

Last edited:
Back