B&W Black & White, monotone and sepia

Love your shot Lili,..

This with NEX 3 an dkit zoom

DSC001931.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Awesome environmental portrait

dorfinator,...that second pic is sensationally beautiful and I would have been well pleased to have captured it myself, in fact a real 'gallery shot'....however, what is that small white 'UFO' right upper corner of sky? Surely thats NOT the sun...??.....see reflection in the water...

dorfinator,...that second pic is sensationally beautiful and I would have been well pleased to have captured it myself, in fact a real 'gallery shot'....however, what is that small white 'UFO' right upper corner of sky? Surely thats NOT the sun...??.....see reflection in the water...

Thanks Bugleone for your kind words. That's the moon. Maybe I should have removed it? I have much to learn so as I post a photo from time to time anyone is welcome to add their critique as I'm a trained accountant/pilot. I stayed way clear of the arts as I went thru school!

Nicole, this picture makes me both laugh and feel a bit sad. I think your gritty black and white worked very well for this seen. The combination of the Cameo ******* and the movies playing, along with those two store fronts is quite a commentary.

I like it too, Spode the sepia like tone worked out really nicely with this old building, its peeling paint and details.

P.S. Andy - that 20mm with your EP3 is lookin' good but I must know about that black border on two sides!

Thanks.

Both shots are among the first I've taken with the new F200 EXR. It's a nice sharp camera and jpeg quality is actually (or so it seems) better than that offered by my S90.

I like it too, Spode the sepia like tone worked out really nicely with this old building, its peeling paint and details.

P.S. Andy - that 20mm with your EP3 is lookin' good but I must know about that black border on two sides!

Sometimes i just like to put borders on 2 opposing sides as it makes the image stretch vertical or horizontal depending on the image. If i had a nice landscape image then i would look at putting a black border above and below the image to make it seem to stretch wider. I prefer it sometime to either no border or an even all round border.

So did you go to drop something off or to collect something from storage? :D

This is actually the entrance to the general aviation facility in Shannon, Ireland where I landed yesterday morning. Its already 2 in the morning here in the UK where I am now. It does look like a storage facility but what caught my attention was the major contrast in colors the walls were painted. The ceiling was long black tiles, the near walls with horizontal lines were a dark red and the walls on down the hallway were kind of yellow.

Back