B&W Black & White with water in the frame

2023-03-05_1628_L1000964.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

With a name like that it's no wonder her nose (prow?) sits so high off the water. :hiding:

- K
I went on a six-hour, very comfortable, ride on the old gal. The boat is about 75 feet long, and the bow is about ten feet above the water. And from a practical side, the waters of Lake Superior can be rather wicked during a storm, so the additional bow height would be welcomed. The pilot did tell me that on occasion, he will pull in behind a convenient island to wait out a bad squall..

I went on a six-hour, very comfortable, ride on the old gal. The boat is about 75 feet long, and the bow is about ten feet above the water. And from a practical side, the waters of Lake Superior can be rather wicked during a storm, so the additional bow height would be welcomed. The pilot did tell me that on occasion, he will pull in behind a convenient island to wait out a bad squall..

is that docked at Munising?

It is, good eye; apparently you've been there. We took the tour to the "Pictured Rocks National Seashore" several years ago. It is a tour worth twice the money.

Yes I’ve been to Munising a number of times, and did that tour on that boat last time I was there. I wasn’t connected to my imaging computer when I asked, but I was sure that had to be the same one. What a great trip - really productive day of photography on Miss Superior! I’ve been wanting to get back up there…maybe this fall.

Yes I’ve been to Munising a number of times, and did that tour on that boat last time I was there. I wasn’t connected to my imaging computer when I asked, but I was sure that had to be the same one. What a great trip - really productive day of photography on Miss Superior! I’ve been wanting to get back up there…maybe this fall.
Fall colors and scenery from the water ought to be spectacular.

Definitely! Now that you mention it, I recall I’ve done that tour twice. The first time was with the late Midwest landscape photographer Danny Burk. Danny and I were up there shooting fall color with some other pro and semi-pro photographers, and were basing out of Munising for several days. Danny and I decided to try the boat tour for some shots from the water, and we got the very last tour of the season on Miss Superior before she dry docked for the winter. I enjoyed it so much I took my family on the boat when we were up there for a family trip in the summer just a few years back. It was beautiful - and photogenic - both times.

Back