B&W Black & White with water in the frame

2023-04-23_1618_L1002464.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My eyes aren't what they used to be (and I'm officially colour-blind anyway) but looking at this photo again since I uploaded it, I seem to be seeing some vestige of colour in it, though I'm sure I did conversion to B&W in Affinity.
Comments most certainly welcome.
I've got excellent colour vision, Brian. It looks pretty black and white to me, on my tablet.

My eyes aren't what they used to be (and I'm officially colour-blind anyway) but looking at this photo again since I uploaded it, I seem to be seeing some vestige of colour in it, though I'm sure I did conversion to B&W in Affinity.
Agree. There's a slight reddish cast, particularly noticeable at the top of the frame.

I see a brownish tint on the water surface horizon just left of center. We are going to wade into pixel peeping and nit picking here. ;o)

@Panolyman ,
I’ve noticed this in the past… what we view an image on has qn effect on the image. In this case I have 2 iPads; one from 2017, the other a week ago. In both cases there’s a hint of sepia tone. The degree to which this affects is different depends on which iPad I view it. And how I hold it!

The older one(a bit smaller) shows a band like sepia, light hand, at the horizon line and just above in the clouds- camera right. The effect is very slight at the water’s edge and not at all in the rest of the frame.

The new iPad (a bit larger) shows the same sepia effect but over a wider area. The area of clouds, cam right, extends to the top of the frame And a bit more to the left. The water’s edge is a bit more pronounced. BUT the rocky foreground, which is B&W on the older iPad is now all sepia!

As to how I hold the tablet- when laying flat the sepia effect appears darker as does the overall tone of the frame. In a more vertical position the overall tone of your the image is brighter with sepia effect covering the same amount of space.

I hope this is helpful and that I have made myself clear.

Apollo T.

@Panolyman ,
I’ve noticed this in the past… what we view an image on has qn effect on the image. In this case I have 2 iPads; one from 2017, the other a week ago. In both cases there’s a hint of sepia tone. The degree to which this affects is different depends on which iPad I view it. And how I hold it!

The older one(a bit smaller) shows a band like sepia, light hand, at the horizon line and just above in the clouds- camera right. The effect is very slight at the water’s edge and not at all in the rest of the frame.

The new iPad (a bit larger) shows the same sepia effect but over a wider area. The area of clouds, cam right, extends to the top of the frame And a bit more to the left. The water’s edge is a bit more pronounced. BUT the rocky foreground, which is B&W on the older iPad is now all sepia!

As to how I hold the tablet- when laying flat the sepia effect appears darker as does the overall tone of the frame. In a more vertical position the overall tone of your the image is brighter with sepia effect covering the same amount of space.

I hope this is helpful and that I have made myself clear.

Apollo T.
I'm looking with a Dell 27".

Back