Blah

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
It has come to my realization that I'm kind of in a lull right now. and have been for a while. Other than the images documenting my instrument builds, my camera has been rather inactive. I've snapped a few images out on recent bike rides, but I've really not been highly inspired. That's basically why I didn't participate in the January challenge. I guess I've posted very little on my personal Facebook photo page in quite a while, because numerous friends and acquaintances have asked me or my wife if I'm still "doing" photography. I've even considered picking up a used X-Pro2, on the thought that a change in style might lend a boost to my creative juices. I've even been lazy about bike riding this week, only going out once. At least I still have my music, grabbing a ukulele a few times each day to run through a song or two. I've also been dabbling in acrylic painting after a long absence from the easel. I've been spending so much time in my workshop since early Autumn, that I'm making myself take a break from building to work on other things. Trouble is, I already miss it after just a couple of days. It's the one place where I really feel like I'm accomplishing something.

I've noticed my creativity flits between a few different outlets (writing, photography, back in the past music as well, a few folk instruments like the pennywhistle) and I tend to think that it's okay. However I'm in the middle of a writing project about photography, and it's nice to combine my two biggest interests in one! Snapshot photography is what I'm writing about and it has helped fuel my January shooting in addition to writing.

You'll find something that will rekindle things soon enough! Try combining painting and photography in some fashion?

Thanks guys. Yes Brent, I did retire in September. I wonder if what I'm feeling is just fatigue. I was so excited to retire, I came out of the gate fast, going cycling as much as 6 days a week, doing some long hikes, many hours in my workshop, and so on. I'm not complaining, because I've been really enjoying myself, but since Christmas I have definitely slowed down. For years I have enjoyed cycling in the winter when it is cold and snowy; today we have 3 inches of snow on the ground, and I'm tucked inside like a hibernating woodchuck. Last night was the first decent night of sleep I've had in over a week, and that doesn't help.

You can learn a lot about your own vision looking at the world differently. It this all fails, I move on to hallucinogenic mushrooms.
"Vision."

psychedelic-swirl-vjn-prints.jpg

Time to add a different dimension to your Hobby.

When in a lull, or trapped inside by bad weather...

Camera and Lens repair and Lens Hacking...

Time to add a different dimension to your Hobby.

When in a lull, or trapped inside by bad weather...

Camera and Lens repair and Lens Hacking...
LOL, I already have several time-consuming endeavors in my life. I did manage a lens repair once, on an old Pen F half-frame lens. I got it at a greatly reduced price because it had a serious fungus infection. Disassembly was easy, but keeping track of the tiny bearing that enables aperture stops was not. It bounced across my hardwood floor several times before I finally got a clue and found a plastic tray to hold my parts. Just glad I don't have carpet in this room. My de-fungus operation was a success, but I decided after that to leave lens repair to others.

Last edited:
Today was cold, but sunny with a lot of nice clouds. Rather than bury myself in my workshop, I grabbed my Pen F and went for a walk in the woods. I haven't been to that particular spot in months, but it was nice to get out, and the trails are lightly used, so it was very quiet. Amazing how a sunny day changes things.

Back