Bodycap Street, NYC

fin azvandi

Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Hong Kong
Nice shots, I really liked 2 and 5. Can I ask about your technique? Given the perspective and angle they appear to be shot from the hip - are you shooting "blind" or do you find the flip-down screen to work okay for framing in bright sun?

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Jul 21, 2012
NJ, USA
Ed
Nice shots, I really liked 2 and 5. Can I ask about your technique? Given the perspective and angle they appear to be shot from the hip - are you shooting "blind" or do you find the flip-down screen to work okay for framing in bright sun?
Thanks, Fin. I use a combination of both, but I used the flip-down screen only for the first in the series, the rest were shot from the hip. It's taken a lot of practice for me to get the framing and subject distance right; I still ended up cropping a bit on these photos.

Briar

All-Pro
Oct 27, 2010
Scotland
Karen
I like the little folding bike. Doesn't look comfy though. I'd have raised the camera to my eye for that one. I don't think the cyclist would have minded you taking his photo and you'd have caught the whole shadow. Nice set. Interesting lens.

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Jul 21, 2012
NJ, USA
Ed
More with the Oly 15mm Bodycap lens and the E-PL3. PP in Snapseed on iPad.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
Peter Tachauer
I like this 2nd set very much............caught the beat of the street here at Times Sq. I'll be doing 'sactly the same in September when I am there for a week. been tooo long!

Latest threads

Top Bottom