Bodycap Street, NYC

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
E-PL3 and 15mm bodycap lens

P3031103-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P3031135-Edit.jpg

P3031137-Edit.jpg

P3031140-Edit.jpg

P3031121-Edit.jpg

Nice shots, I really liked 2 and 5. Can I ask about your technique? Given the perspective and angle they appear to be shot from the hip - are you shooting "blind" or do you find the flip-down screen to work okay for framing in bright sun?

Nice shots, I really liked 2 and 5. Can I ask about your technique? Given the perspective and angle they appear to be shot from the hip - are you shooting "blind" or do you find the flip-down screen to work okay for framing in bright sun?

Thanks, Fin. I use a combination of both, but I used the flip-down screen only for the first in the series, the rest were shot from the hip. It's taken a lot of practice for me to get the framing and subject distance right; I still ended up cropping a bit on these photos.

I like the little folding bike. Doesn't look comfy though. I'd have raised the camera to my eye for that one. I don't think the cyclist would have minded you taking his photo and you'd have caught the whole shadow. Nice set. Interesting lens.

More with the Oly 15mm Bodycap lens and the E-PL3. PP in Snapseed on iPad.

ESB.jpg

NYPD.jpg

Levi_s_2.jpg

Bearded_Man.jpg

Believe.jpg

Yellow_and_Red.jpg

Tickets.jpg

I like this 2nd set very much............caught the beat of the street here at Times Sq. I'll be doing 'sactly the same in September when I am there for a week. been tooo long!

Back