Bokeh!

DSC09307-Edit-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z50_3575.jpg

Funny thing: I first thought the lens had misfocused - but then I saw that most things in the focus plane are actually in focus; the slight softness around the fly's head is caused by motion blur (the fly's, not mine ;))! At this distance, there's also some LoCA visible - a quite forgivable weakness of an otherwise quite impressive little zoom (the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 C, adapted via the Megadap ETZ-21).

M.

Just me testing out an old Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm F1.5 Contax mount lens which arrived today. Was cheap as it was described as "Dirty" with no front or back caps, but I still bought it on the basis that "Dirty" clearly has different meanings in the UK and Japan from where it came. Happy to buy a lot more of these "Dirty" lenses from there.
L1021742 copy.jpg

View attachment 347898

Using the Sigma 18-50mm on the Z 50 (adapted). Pretty satisfying combo, though today was pushing my ability to hand-hold without stabilisation.

M.
Matt, the old film reciprocal rule of SS = 1/FL needs to be altered to SS = 1/(FL X crop factor).

However, with digital that becomes SS = 1/((FL x 2) x crop factor) to guarantee sharp photos with no IBIS or ILIS.
Probably need to have a factor for age as well ... ;) .

Back