Bokeh!

LM104666.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

The unusual (to me) long size of S line Z primes is soon forgotten because they balance so well with the camera. Still, I guess that lens would really put that theory to the test.
I can attest to that: I usually carry the camera in the hand, not on a strap (except for wrist straps - the Z 6 and Z 7 II have one, a Peak Design Cuff). With the Z 50mm f/1.2 S, that's definitely not going to work for any length of time (ten minutes maybe, not a whole walk). However, it does balance astonishingly well on the standard FX Z bodies I own, as well as the Z 50 (which is really fun - but impractical because the lens absolutely dwarves the camera). My guess is that it'd be quite comfortable on a Z 9. That said, everything that's well over a kilo or so (in this case, "three pounds overall" is actually more exact) tends to become a burden for me sooner rather than later. Which means that I usually use this lens indoors, at meetings, events, parties and the like, where I can set the combo down for longer periods of time.

Anyhow, it's a joy to shoot nonetheless - it works superbly well, and results are compelling even on the Z 7 II which can be quite brutal at exposing optical weaknesses ...

M.

Last edited:
Back