Feedback Bold for unread posts and forums?

I rely very much upon the bold type to tell me which threads I have read and which I haven't. I've been noticing lately that the vB software seems to randomly choose to unbold stuff I haven't read, as soon as I go into a particular area. For example, I clicked into something (I forget what now) from the sidebar, which was bolded, but inside the forum itself it had become unbolded. When I returned to the main forum page, *everything* was unbolded except for two threads: There were at least 6 or 7 prior to my entry via that click.

Like everyone else, I haven't the time (or the will, really) to comb through every single thread in the forum, and as a result I feel like I am missing out on recent posts.

Is there a setting which can be changed to keep unread in bold until you have actually read it? please? BEGBEGBEG!

I will say that I do not believe this is a new bug since the upgrade. I was actually thinking that it was working a bit better, but now I'll pay more attention.

We'll have to wait to see what our site meister, Amin, has to say.

Thank you for posting in here, Sue and you, too, Dan.

Its just happened again (seemed to be going ok for a while). There was a whole column of unread on the right, and after I had viewed/commented on about 3-4, ALL of them became unbolded. So now I have to comb through manually but I'm just about to go out so will have to put it on hold til later.

Back