Bom Dia

Xuereb

Veteran
It is a joy to find this quiet corner where civility and good taste is cultivated.

I return to image making after 20 or so years thrilled by the way an LX5 etches an image and easily taken everywhere. Landscapes and features of nature draw me more than other subject matter and so I am destined to walk over hill and dale in Western Australia.

I have much to learn about what can be done with software. The seductive qualities of a fine print continue to appeal and at some stage I must learn how to make them on a digital printer.

At the risk of immediate expulsion I have a confession: I now learn that an old half-plate camera saved from a dustbin 25 years ago, when I lived in East Africa, has a reducing back for 4x5 film. The quality of a print scanned from 4 x 5 film is breathtaking and I shall explore this path in parallel with the LX5 and Fuji X100.

Lurking thus ends and to all kindred spirits I give greeting.

Xuereb, welcome and thank you for the high praise of your compliment. As with any site with a discussion forum, the members who make it up are the biggest asset it has - not to lessen the leadership provided by Serious Compact's creator and owner, Amin Sabet.:D

I'm so glad you took the time to introduce yourself the way you have and can't wait to see what you bring to us here with your LX5. And as for that confession about the old half-plate camera - that sounds fascinating to me. And as for the LX5 combined with the upcoming Fuji X100 - well, I'm with you on that one, too.;)

G'day Xuereb from a fellow Aussie - albeit a world away on the East Coast....well close enough - near our Hallowed Capital ACT.

You're spot on, this is a quiet little corner of the web where some very nice folks reside and abide. Unlike many fora, this one is a safe place to share your photos and grow together without the pretension that plagues many other format- or brand- specific places.

So kick back and enjoy. But most of all share more of your photos and any wisdom that you've gained over your years....as there sounds like a bit to learn from your previous discipline.

Welcome and look forward to our many exchanges into the future.

Thank you all. You are most kind. I had forgotten the detail of this introduction.

The X100 didn't arrive because I can't justify that cost for a fixed lens camera. The LX5 now has a new home. My digital tools now are a stalwart GF1/20mm and an NEX-5N/kit. Both await their manufacturers making and distributing lenses (respectively 45mm & 50mm f1.8s) announced some time ago but still unavailable.

Back