Bondi Beach.......wtf.........!

Hahaha!

Now that's irony, if you we're looking at the photo slowly from top to bottom, you would probably get drawn in by the contrast of the intense blue and the subdued cream......then suddenly...........a bloke laying on the sand....reading a book..........with his legs spread in front of the lifeguard look out. Somehow when lifeguards say that they're looking out things they can offer their assistance to, I doubt that this is what they had in mind.

Because that white lookout platform is such a strong visual element, I think the eye is always going to be drawn there first, after which you probably take in the blue sea and the runner in the background. And then it's YOINK! down to the bottom left corner for the punchline of the vigilant lifeguard.

Good fun image.

-R

You know that overweight guy in the speedo is a serious "chick magnet"... yessiree... that red cap just completes his fashion statement. I'm in awe. I must imitate that look and as I'm already overweight I'm part way there.

Hahahah!

The funniest part about this to me is my wife and her best friend from college have a running joke about how to make sure your legs get properly tanned, and needing to prop them up in the air so they get full sun exposure. Looks like they're not the only ones with this unusual theory :rofl:

We walked along the shoreline from Coogee beach when we were there early 2012, turned back before we made it to Bondi. I think... :D ...I am glad! Funny shot!

Back