Books Book review: Sean Tuckers "The meaning in the making"

JensM

Hall of Famer
The meaning of the making.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Having stumbled over and followed Sean Tuckers youtube channel for a few years, I bought this book last year but didn't get cracking on it before I brought it with on vacation. I had a rather swell time reading it and it is on the fast-track for re-reading.

Sean Tucker writes in his mission statement on YT, that "I’m more interested in the ‘why’ of photography than in the ‘how’. " and this also accurately describes this book, it is more a book towards harnessing ones creativity rather than harnessing ones camera, if that makes any sense.I would describe it as strange but enchanting, when it goes off proper.

It forced me to reflect and meditate upon my own habits and work, a process I am not through with yet, hence the wish to re-read it for further ponderings.

Easily a 10 out of 10 and highly recommended by this reader!

Thanks for that impetus, I have been planning on reading this book since before it released, I have just been too busy and haven't bought it yet. I will do so very soon! I've appreciated Sean's insightful YouTube channel for some time now. His life experience outside of photography also has a lot of input into his philosophy around photographing. If you haven't come across it, I highly recommend the "Deep Natter" podcast series put out by Jeffery Saddoris (it's part of the "Jeffery Saddoris: Everything" podcast). It's Sean plus Jeffery (he of the excellent, slightly older photography podcast On Taking Pictures), and is a delight to listen to.

Back