Pentax Boring - or Why I like my K-7

wolfie

Veteran
Standard 18-55 WR kit zoom handled the strong backlighting on centre-weighted metering without any exposure compensation. Straight jpg without any adjustment except resizing. The K-5 may be the top dog, but the K-7 serves me perfectly well so I'm in no hurry to update. :)

IMGP7112mod.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can see why you like your K-7! Pretty darned impressive, wolfie, and the expression on that little girl's face as she yawns is priceless. Love the juxtaposition between her "reaction" and that of her parents. I hope you gave them a copy!

Thanks BBW

It was a friendly favour to do some family portrait shots they could send to relatives for Christmas. The little girl was not well so it was not surprising she had difficulty staying "focused". I hope they enjoy it too!

Hopefully you didnt find your K7 quiet and boring?

I keep comparing my K7 to the Olympus E-1 I owned previously - as do many people. In many ways it is not a spectacularly endowed camera - the headline categories of MP, FPS, dynamic range and resoltution could be taken by C or N, but it its main graces for me are it superb water resistant sealing and solid build, great OVF and the quiet shutter/mirror - and that it is even smaller than the E-1 is another considerable bonus. And at a price about a third less that C or N or even O can offer.

wolfie, I've been hearing great things about this camera for a long time. If I'd looked more deeply into it, I might well have bought it for our daughter's 21st birthday/Christmas present instead of the Olympus E620...but Olympus has deep roots in my psyche.

As the old saying goes "the best camera is the one you have with you"!:bravo-009:

I am considering a K-5 but will see down the road. The Fuji is next on my list.

That will be an interesting camera when it hits the shelf. I must admit I like the E-P1 as a "bootleg" camera. If the Sigma DP1/DP2 had better video performance, I would have been all over a DP2 though. I'm curious to see if Sigma stuff that newer Foveon in an updated version.

Back