Fuji Borrowed a X100 from work...WOW it's good!!

Andy, I turn my back for five minutes and you've acquired another camera! Enjoy :) I'm still in the undecided stage and trying to begin with a clean slate.

I have been contenplating this camera for a looooong while. When it came out i desperately wanted one but the price was way too much. Now it's at a reasonable price it would be rude not to give it a go. So far I'm falling in love with it like no other!! My orig GF1 with 20mm was 'a love thang' and so is the X100. Let's just hope it stays reliable!

Now it's at a reasonable price it would be rude not to give it a go.
Just about fell out of my chair on this one. Yes, indeed, RUDE not to give it a go! That's perfect. I'll be using that one from now on - I'm sure the CFO (actually, that's sort of me, OK, the Board of Directors - that's her) will buy this. That company went to all of the time and bother and headaches just do DEVELOP that camera - for me not to buy it and have a try would just be rude, possibly IMMORAL!

Andy, I love the way you think brother! :D

-Ray

Ray it is your solemn duty to continue with the X100 to ensure that "the company" has invested wisely and you also have to ensure it receives a fair user trial!

Just about fell out of my chair on this one. Yes, indeed, RUDE not to give it a go! That's perfect. I'll be using that one from now on - I'm sure the CFO (actually, that's sort of me, OK, the Board of Directors - that's her) will buy this. That company went to all of the time and bother and headaches just do DEVELOP that camera - for me not to buy it and have a try would just be rude, possibly IMMORAL!

Andy, I love the way you think brother! :D

-Ray
:rofl:

I have ordered a leather half case which means it's a keeper!!! Roll on summer!!!

On the topic of Nikon, I'm perplexed and intrigued as to why the big boys of DSLR don't have a cost-effective 35mm equivalent for their APS-C cameras

Fully agree. Thom Hogan notes that we have been waiting 55 months now for Nikon to release a wide-angle DX prime. Not the main reason, but one of the reasons why I've moved to m43 as a complement to my X100.

Ghosthunter, those sample pics are ridiculously cool! Man, I was just going to put some extra coin into a tele lens for my Olympus M43s. Now I'm reconsidering. Anything pet peaves with the X100?

Ghosthunter, those sample pics are ridiculously cool! Man, I was just going to put some extra coin into a tele lens for my Olympus M43s. Now I'm reconsidering. Anything pet peaves with the X100?

Not really. I took it to the coast this weekend and have been really pleased with the results. This camera is very sharp indeed!! It does have a little trouble when focussing in Macro mode but apart from that it's a killer camera!!

Back