Bourton on the Water in the rain

Iansky

All-Pro
We were in Bourton yesterday and it was a typical April day - rain, rain and even more rain but despite that there was some good subject matter on offer so I had the X-Pro2+35mm f1.4 plus an umbrella so took advantage of the subject matter.

Sorry it is image heavy.

She is correct, we live in Cirencester so an easy drive - when the weather is dry it is full of tourists but even though the weather was horrible there were lots of tourists to include overseas and those from elsewhere in the UK so a good place for street work.

She is correct, we live in Cirencester so an easy drive - when the weather is dry it is full of tourists but even though the weather was horrible there were lots of tourists to include overseas and those from elsewhere in the UK so a good place for street work.

Bit of a blessing and a curse, simultaneously, I suppose. Being a beautiful, picture-postcard village will help provide jobs and keep the local income healthy but it must also be frustrating for the locals to have their peace and tranquility stamped all over by hordes of tourists for most of the year.

Near where I live in Essex we have Finchingfield and Thaxted and these places are nice spots but really best avoided in good weather as they are just traffic bottlenecks and you can drive round for ages trying to find somewhere (legal) to park.

Alas, Bourton like many other pretty villages only survive on the income from tourism, the nearest large employers are going to be the large cities ( Oxford / Cheltenham etc).

Back