Boxing Day hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iansky

All-Pro
We had our annual Boxing Day hunt meet in the park yesterday, it was a drag hunt ( they use fox scent for the dogs to follow rather than try and catch a real fox).

It was well attended and the weather was kind so I grabbed just the 100-400 on the XT2 and walked up to the park to grab a few images from the event.

These are just a few and the full set can be seen on my blog at - 571 Photography

Hunt 4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Hunt 5.jpg
Hunt 14.jpg
Hunt 21.jpg
Hunt 25.jpg
Hunt 27.jpg
Hunt 28.jpg
Hunt 29.jpg

Thanks Ramso, it is a well attended event that allows the "gentry" to have a day out on horseback with friends - makes for a good scene though.

Or even those who are desperately hoping to be called gentry.

I like the quote that hunting is the despicable in pursuit of the inedible! Or words to that effect.

Ian,

A beautifully captured set. I particularly enjoyed the contrast between the young lady and her pony and the elderly lady and her house. I've ridden on one hunt--like yours a drag hunt--enjoyable for the companionship with other riders, but not really me.

I still hope they all die horrible deaths, ideally similar to the fox they "accidentally" killed

I still hope they all die horrible deaths, ideally similar to the fox they "accidentally" killed

I've work on farms and in the countryside from Portsmouth to Ullapool I've been up close and personal with a fox kill. It was truly awful One of my customers was convicted of blocking up the fox hole to cut off a possible escape. ( very happy with that outcome) . I totally abhor hunting for pleasure in any shape or form. But to wish the horrible deaths of anyone makes you no better than them.

I've work on farms and in the countryside from Portsmouth to Ullapool I've been up close and personal with a fox kill. It was truly awful One of my customers was convicted of blocking up the fox hole to cut off a possible escape. ( very happy with that outcome) . I totally abhor hunting for pleasure in any shape or form. But to wish the horrible deaths of anyone makes you no better than them.

But can I also say I totally admire the fact you are willing say such things on behalf of animals that don't deserve to be torn to shreds for the sake of pleasure. I think I may be a coward.
Perhaps you could change die horribly for traumatic injury.

Thank you Biro for bringing it back on track, my intention was not to advocate hunting is good or bad but to show the variety of people / ages / and sizes involved that all make for a good photographic event - nothing to do with views on the sport.

Finally I must clarify this was a drag hunt.

Boxing Day hunt, chasing an oily rag and that apparently means the deaths of animals? Only Aniseeds were killed in the making of the trail....so anyone who has eaten an aniseed ball or gobstopper had better 'die a horrible death'.

What utter wankers those comments were made by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back