Brand dislikes..

Have to agree with @agentlossing about early Fuji bodies feeling a bit light and hollow. It was the same with early Canon Rebel DSLRs. It's the main reason my first real SLR/DSLR was the D70, it just felt solid by comparison.

Fuji and its film simulation fetish.....

.....Only the "Classic" simulations (Chrome, Negative and Nostalgic Negative) are supposed to really look like film. ......
Maybe that's why Classic Chrome is the only film simulation I actually liked and used?

I’ll be the odd man out here. Not having a brand dislike. Cameras and lenses are just tools to me. Those who’ve known me on the forums know I’ll dump an entire kit for something else if that something else does what I need at the time. Then dump that kit a year later. I do have a love for the X-Pro2 that I don’t have a good explanation for.
I find all camera brands equally annoying with their quirks! Hence I just shoot raw + aperture priority on all my bodies and sort them out in post processing. There I can equalize the entire process and just focus on my composition!
I agree that all cameras are just tools and logically I know all probably have equal annoyances / quirks. Illogically....

Canon and Sony are my "no interest".

Adobe - not PS/PR/Camera Raw but the Creative Cloud Desktop App. Where do I start?
I'm still on the last perpetual version, I'm not sure what I'm going to do it I ever get a new camera that's not supported.

I agree that all cameras are just tools and logically I know all probably have equal annoyances / quirks. Illogically....

Canon and Sony are my "no interest".
Brands I really enjoy are Nikon and Olympus. Both just have a photographer oriented mindset. Fuji surprisingly never appealed to me, and it's probably because their system left a bad taste after using the 1st gen Fuji X bodies.

Unfortunately Nikon lost me with the Z, even though I really like shooting with my Nikon DSLRs and even my Nikon 1 J5. I tolerate Sony, but mainly based on their AF and sensor tech. Canon, well I doubt I'll ever jump on that bandwagon! :roflmao:

Brands I really enjoy are Nikon and Olympus. Both just have a photographer oriented mindset. Fuji surprisingly never appealed to me, and it's probably because their system left a bad taste after using the 1st gen Fuji X bodies.

Unfortunately Nikon lost me with the Z, even though I really like shooting with my Nikon DSLRs and even my Nikon 1 J5. I tolerate Sony, but mainly based on their AF and sensor tech. Canon, well I doubt I'll ever jump on that bandwagon! :roflmao:
Agree on Nikon and Olympus, for me there are a lot of similarities in how they handle for me.

There are things I like about Fuji, but other than "very briefly" owning an X-M1, I skipped other early X bodies. I started looking at them shortly after I got into m4/3, the m4/3 stuff just felt better in my hand and was a LOT cheaper. I think I will always have a soft spot for the X70.

So far I haven't done much more than play with the Z stuff, it seems like it would meet my current needs. I do really like the lens lineup much more than what I've seen from Canon. Time will tell.

Back