Canon Bravo Canon!

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
The price/peformance ratio of this lens is amazing. This would be something that would make the EOS-M a much better system camera with a quite good ultrawide at a bargain price. This lens outperforms a perennial favorite of mine the Tokina 11-16mm in terms of IQ I think.

DXOmark review here: DxOMark - Canon EF-M 11-22mm f4-5.6 IS STM lens review: good all round performer

Not sure why Canon doesn't sell it in the US though. Sheesh.

I think I read that they're not bringing it into the U.S. because the M is all but dead in this market. I don't know if that's true. But if it is, Canon should take a leson from Fuji's book and continue to work to improve the M line via firmware updates.

I have the 18-55 kit zoom as well as the 22 and I can't complain about Canon optics. If they would keep supporting the M system in the US I might think about buying another.

I've used and flipped (thank you Canon USA for not selling this lens) 4 copies. All of them have been great and the IQ seems much better than the 9-18mm Olympus that I bought a couple weeks back, though some of that could be sensor based. It's a great wide-angle lens.

I've used and flipped (thank you Canon USA for not selling this lens) 4 copies. All of them have been great and the IQ seems much better than the 9-18mm Olympus that I bought a couple weeks back, though some of that could be sensor based. It's a great wide-angle lens.

Are you flipping them in the states? How are you getting a hold of them?

Hello,
I have a Panasonic GH3 and Panasonic 7-14. I've always liked the features that Magic Lantern brought to the Canon bodies, including focus peaking and automatic bracketing. Has anyone switched from the Panasonic 7-14 to Eos M with the 11-22? I'm being thempted by current prices.

Back