Performing Arts Brea Jazz Festival - 3

Gary

All-Pro
Name
Gary Ayala
Joey DeFrancesco
Brea, California

_DSF1481.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

XP1 w/ 55-200 @ 200mm, 1/250, f/4.8, ISO 3200

_DSF1431-XL.jpg

XP1 w/ 55-200 @ 200mm, 1/250, F/4.8, ISO 3200

_DSF1441.jpg

_DSF1489.jpg

Gary

Great stuff as usual Gary... I probably wouldn't have thought to use the 55-200 in such low light situations (I'm assuming they are anyway), but it acquitted itself quite well. I'm on the verge of bailing on m43, but the Oly 75mm keeps me from letting go completely because of being able to do this type of shooting (albeit with less reach) in low light, indoors, etc...

-Ray

Great stuff as usual Gary... I probably wouldn't have thought to use the 55-200 in such low light situations (I'm assuming they are anyway), but it acquitted itself quite well. I'm on the verge of bailing on m43, but the Oly 75mm keeps me from letting go completely because of being able to do this type of shooting (albeit with less reach) in low light, indoors, etc...

-Ray

I have a grandson who's starting soccer ... so my OMD's get used at least once week. I use my Fuji's everyday. Ahhh the 75mm, the lens you weren't gonna get. Hard to beat the Fuji IQ. Ray, no real need to bail on µ4/3, other you own self-imposed need. I still have my 1D's hanging around keep loose paper in stacks.

Gary

_DSF1461.jpg

Gary these are super - I saw one from the set on another thread, I believe.

It's awful difficult to pick a fave, so I think, instead, I'll choose to rave.
While that drummer's look gets my heart a thumpin',
that wild blue trumpeter's song I just keep a hummin'!

OK, my attempts at rhyming aren't that hot - but these jazz licks pix are the tip top!:drinks::bravo-009:

Good stuff Gary - I like #1. (y)

I have to say, being familiar with your work I think the quality differential between Fuji and m4/3 is most noticeable in these scenarios. It's your signature 'style' as it were, but there's just that extra punch from the crispness and detailed skin textures, low noise, etc.

I shoot sermon photos for our church website now and I nearly always use the 55-200mm for the same reason. Despite being a relatively slower lens the optics and capabilities of the camera make up for it :)

Gary these are super - I saw one from the set on another thread, I believe.

It's awful difficult to pick a fave, so I think, instead, I'll choose to rave.
While that drummer's look gets my heart a thumpin',
that wild blue trumpeter's song I just keep a hummin'!

OK, my attempts at rhyming aren't that hot - but these jazz licks pix are the tip top!:drinks::bravo-009:

OMG,
I've infected a Super Mod!

_DSF1517.jpg

Good stuff Gary - I like #1. (y)

I have to say, being familiar with your work I think the quality differential between Fuji and m4/3 is most noticeable in these scenarios. It's your signature 'style' as it were, but there's just that extra punch from the crispness and detailed skin textures, low noise, etc.

I shoot sermon photos for our church website now and I nearly always use the 55-200mm for the same reason. Despite being a relatively slower lens the optics and capabilities of the camera make up for it :)

And is why, even though I've ordered an EM1,
With µ4/3 I am largely done.

=G=

_DSF1479-X2.jpg

Back