Bridge camera, which one?

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
You assume is best, offers value for money?
Opt. or sensor-shift stabilization?
I prefer man. zoom. EVF too, preferrable Hi-res.
Is EXR (Fujifilm) really a must have issue?
My fav. so far is the Fuji HS30EXR.
I do look forward to this discussion.

I would have liked the xs1 but out of my price range. I bought the sx40hs from canon and it's really good! Loads cheaper and the stabalization at the long end of the zoom range is brilliant.

Good luck with your research, that's the fun part!!

The high end Fuji bridge cameras have always been nice. Still regret not getting an S100fs or S200EXR.
The HS series have gotten mixed reviews, however the HS30EXR seems to be better in this regard.
THe XS-1 is dreamy but the orb thing would be an issue for a night owl like me....

This is what I use as a bridge camera these days
6951125134_8b34e61378_b.jpg

Hi Bill. I know mileage may vary for different users, but I was wondering if you describe the differences you see between the X-S1 and the GH2. I have been flirting with the idea of getting out of the micro 4/3 format. Part of my thinking is that I have the X100 for when I want great IQ, but I need something else to do macro work and I enjoy the occasional telephoto fix. How do you feel it is IQ-wise...is it "close enough" for me not to care? How is it to operate? Is it a little speedier? Any input you might have would be appreciated.

I think it would be liberating (for me anyways) to have just 2 cameras and no need for collecting lenses.

Luke I enjoy using both cameras. The GH2 seems faster overall and it of course has interchangeable lens (incl my 9-18 and my 7.5 FE). That said I used the X-S1 for my sister's 80th birthday celebrations and it didn't let me down. I actually sold my PL45 and P100-300 to get the X-S1. So for an all-in-one package it's the X-S1 and for ultimate IQ it's still the GH2 (esp video). Hope that's clear.

Back