Fuji Broke Down. XE1 pre-ordered

Panasonic made at least two zoom lenses with aperture rings and variable maximum apertures. You could select a wider aperture than was possible at longer focal lengths, but obviously the lens would only open up as far as it could and the actual aperture would be displayed in the viewfinder. Fund's method of an electronic only display of the aperture value avoids that ambiguity.
they do the same with the LX7 (or were you including that already in the 2 zoom lenses?)

aren't constant aperture zoom lenses just zoom lenses with the aperture artificially limited at wider angles?

Gaaaaaaaak! Sad to say I pre-ordred as well (silver body, to match the X100, Pen F and M3), though may cancel if the firmware update to the X-Pro1 is as great as the early video reviews indicate. Then again, I still prefer the smaller form factor so X-Pro1 may go on sale this weekend with most of my Olympus Pen M43 kit!

I almost hit the pre-order but for the X-E1, but then stopped. Then I sold my E-M5. Then pre-ordered the NEX-6. But I am damn close to un-pre-ordering the Sony and pre-ordering the X-E1. I'm a little concerned that may lead to a re-pre-order of the Sony, but we'll see.

Right now it is coming down to Fuji OOC JPEGs and potential of a nice minimal kit vs ability to easily use MF lenses on Sony with the potential that it will have decent enough AF tracking to replace my DSLR for sports shooting. I think I am dreaming on that point though, so the Fuji is gaining the advantage. I hate having to wait for a camera to actually be released to be able to judge it's capabilities. :rolleyes:

What I really want is an X100 with a constant f/2.8 24-105 zoom. But that ain't happening.

Congratulations - I can't imagine you won't enjoy it.. Here's a forum that started in the early days of the X100. I barely ever visit it anymore, but I think its still pretty vibrant:

Fuji X Forum

And the Fujifilm SLR/X100 forum on DPR isn't nearly as bad as some of the forums over there. It has its moments of insanity, but generally a friendlier place than the m43 forum there, or the Fujitalk, where the X10 orbs were all that were seemingly allowed to be discussed for a good long while...

-Ray

The m4/3 DPR board is the worst internet place I've ever been involved in. That says a lot ;)

By the way, congrats on the future EX-1, I'm sure it's going to be one fantastic camera !!! If only it had focus peaking I think I'd want one, it certainly offers everything else I pine for (except I'm not a huge retro style fan, though it does look awesome).

Back