Announcement Buy & Sell Member Feedback is back!

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
The ability to leave feedback for other members in regards to transactions in the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum is back! 👍

OK, the details of the sentence above is going to take a little longer to explain. 😆

Community members who have been with us for a few years may remember that Cameraderie previously had a way of leaving feedback for other members. The intent was that after transactions were completed that the buyer and seller could leave public feedback about each other. The 'feedback' system was done via a third-party add-on since there is no stock functionality for that kind of stuff in XenForo. The add-on was disabled some time back because of issues with the add-on vendor. It was not a high usage add-on so when it was disabled there wasn't much of an impact.

Recently our community has seen in increase in activity along with some more activity in the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum. With the increase in activity it was time to go back and take another look at the disabled add-on. Our license for the add-on has been renewed, the site updated to the current version, and it's turned back on. Any feedback prior to it being turned off were not lost, they are still there. Essentially it was like flipping a switch to turn it off & on again, only in this case there was a considerable amount of time between the switch flip.

With that in mind members who frequent the buy/sell/trade area will notice a few things different.

When viewing the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum you'll notice a new sidebar on the right. The sidebar shows the recent feedback that has been left for members. It's also supposed to be showing a list of the top rated 'Traders'. What is shown in the sidebar is apt to change but the intent is to show show the feedback activity along with the open classifieds. On a nice big desktop screen the area is looking pretty nice - at least I think it does. 🤣
A new Feedback menu option is now listed under the Buy & Sell drop-down menu in the navigation area at the top of the page.​
When viewing a member's profile there is a new option to view the members Feedback listings.​
Clicking on "Buy & Sell" in the navigation menu will take you directly to the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum instead of going to the forum listing. Clicking on the drop-down arrow will still show the misc. other links as before.​
At the top of the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum there is now a link for the Cameraderie Affiliate Vendors page in addition to the link for the Completed Transactions forum.​

The add-on was just turned back on tonight so there are still a bunch of options I need to explore with it yet. It has a lot of options so some things may be turned on/disabled based on usage as we go along.

I'm not totally happy with how some of the screens look/behave so I'll likely make some tweaks in spots.

NOTE: In order to leave feedback for another member you must provide the value for the 'Thread' value. Just copy & paste the URL for the thread from either the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum or the Completed Transactions forum.

So with the above in mind, if you've sold or bought anything from the forums, please give the Feedback system a shake down. Let me know what you like or don't like about it. Some things I'll be able to control, some will be at the mercy of add-on vendor. Feel free to hit me up with any questions and I'll answer best I can. :)

NOTE: In order to leave feedback for another member you must provide the value for the 'Thread' value. Just copy & paste the URL for the thread from either the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum or the Completed Transactions forum.
So you’re telling me I can’t easily leave a bunch of bogus negative feedback for @DeeJayK ? Oh well🙄

Awesome addition though, thank you!

"NOTE: In order to leave feedback for another member you must provide the value for the 'Thread' value. Just copy & paste the URL for the thread from either the Buy, Sell, and Trade forum or the Completed Transactions forum."

I can copy the URL but I cannot paste it in the feedback page. ????

Back