Film Buying a Nikon SP

jssaraiva

Top Veteran
Name
José
Been struggling to buy a Nikon SP. Impossible to find locally and the ones I’ve been seeing on eBay either have issues or are way to expensive.

Is there any other alternative in Europe, knowing that I’m based in Portugal?

It is easier to be on the Leica team :) but I really like my S2 and it’s lenses, but being limited to 50mm frames lines or external viewfinders is not the best. Also open to an S3, but reportedly the viewfinder is not as good.

Thanks for any hints.

I cannot suggest a seller in Europe for you. Looking at the Leicashop used SP's:

This one is a very late SP, the SN indicates that it has Titanium Curtains. I have a pair of SP bodies, and prefer the finder over the S3 (and S4).

BUT: prices on S3-2000 outfits are WAY down. The 50/1.4 "Millenium Nikkor" that came with the outfit is Nikon's best 50 ever. With some patience- prices are around what the used SP is selling for. That stated- I would not trade my SP with original 5cm F1.4 for an S3-2000 with the 50/1.4. But I would not sell the S3-2000 either.

"Random Ebay Example"

Thank you! I actually ended up looking for that exactly SP, would not be aware about the titanium shutter only for the serial, so a very good tip. The issue is that I don’t really need another 50/1.4 and if I buy the kit and then try to sell the lens, this one would not be a good sell due to the cleaning marks and body showing a lot of use. Still thinking about it, but probably I really need to a bit more patient...

I cannot suggest a seller in Europe for you. Looking at the Leicashop used SP's:

This one is a very late SP, the SN indicates that it has Titanium Curtains. I have a pair of SP bodies, and prefer the finder over the S3 (and S4).

BUT: prices on S3-2000 outfits are WAY down. The 50/1.4 "Millenium Nikkor" that came with the outfit is Nikon's best 50 ever. With some patience- prices are around what the used SP is selling for. That stated- I would not trade my SP with original 5cm F1.4 for an S3-2000 with the 50/1.4. But I would not sell the S3-2000 either.

"Random Ebay Example"

Back