Byebye Photoshop

jyc860923

Top Veteran
Name
贾一川
I bought Affinity with the 20% off christmas offer, I really like using Photoshop but since I've moved my workflow onto CaptureOne for raw developing (C1 Express for Fuji), I don't really see the point paying monthly Adobe tax.

I haven't done much testing with Affinity and I believe there has to be lots of things it doesn't do that PS does, but it seems good enough and the support for NikCollection is there, will see how it does.

Funny that Adobe offers 2 months free offer if I choose to accept and continue with my subscription. I'm a little sad letting go of Adobe software considering how much time spent learning to use them.

After learning to do with Affinity Photo what I usually do in PS for about an hour, I went from "did I make a mistake?" to "this could work, just a bit differently". Definitely worth every $$.

Got to be very careful when jumping over. I purchased the DXO Photolab 2 Elite version on a black Friday deal. Still haven't used it, not properly anyway. Muscle memory. I think as a start, I'd have to get PS completely out of my computer system for any other software to have a fair chance.

Got to be very careful when jumping over. I purchased the DXO Photolab 2 Elite version on a black Friday deal. Still haven't used it, not properly anyway. Muscle memory. I think as a start, I'd have to get PS completely out of my computer system for any other software to have a fair chance.
So true, I have uninstalled PS and LR first thing after I received the activation code for affinity. I must say it's not easy, but now after knowing there are other ways of doing the same thing in PS, perhaps even better ways, I can see how Adobe has shaped us into thinking the way we do.

I've used DXO back when it was called "Optics Pro", and for someone who needs layers and all that it didn't work like a PS replacement anyway, I was attracted by the PRIME denoise function at that time.

By the way, you could have Paintshop Pro (and three more programs/applications) for $15.

Humble Software Bundle: Professional Photography (pay what you want and help charity)
Thanks for mentioning that, I knew PSP has been around much longer than Affinity Photo but I just didn't remember it when decided to ditch Adobe, maybe due to newer things being more actively discussed.

I'm still in the grace period if I'm to request a refund and try something else and frankly, Affinity Photo isn't perfect, but I think it really does some clever things other than just being different from PS, and it's really, really cheap for what it can do.

Thanks for mentioning that, I knew PSP has been around much longer than Affinity Photo but I just didn't remember it when decided to ditch Adobe, maybe due to newer things being more actively discussed.

I'm still in the grace period if I'm to request a refund and try something else and frankly, Affinity Photo isn't perfect, but I think it really does some clever things other than just being different from PS, and it's really, really cheap for what it can do.

AND.... it's for charity.

Back