Sony C3 has landed!

I remember how long charging can seem to take.... I can't remember how long the X100's first time took...and now since I have a couple of batteries I don't have to watch the clock.

Only about an hour to go, Bruce!:popcorm2:

Bru

just a suggestion - take the "rabbit ears" off if you are using the Nikkor it that way otherwise you will end up scratching something

I'll start off by saying that I have frustratingly limited subject matter in my office so I'll only include a couple of pics for now.
I have to say up front that I really like the C3 much better than the 5:D, here are a couple quick reasons,
The power switch is much easier to access, the buttons and wheel are more solid feeling, the body is less boxy and feels way better in hand. Although the shutter is loud, it seems quieter in the lighter body and the improved manual focus assist along with peaking make it a perfect match for legacy glass.
Orchid.jpg
Glass.jpg

Yes, Andy's right. I should have applauded your vase, too - crystal clear! Strictly from the aesthetic point of view, I do prefer your orchid.

I am rushing off to take some anti G.A.S. pills!!

What lenses?

Nikkor 55mm F1.2 full open... thanks for your kind words BB, I am a bit disappointed as I hoped for a big difference when I shot the same subject with my 18-55 kit lens...aside from the DOF, not really anything terrible about the Sony lens as I've been reading about mounting distance and such recently. Looks good to me!

Yup, the colors look great and so does your daughter!

How would you say the colors are straight out of the camera - both in RAW and jpeg? I've only used the NEX5 briefly and can't remember what the straight color output was like? For example, often with some of the Panasonic cameras there can be a warmer tone that needs (to my eyes) to be corrected. What about this NEX?

Don't have the drivers for RAW yet, the jpegs if anything are on the cooler side but not overly so, only compared to my E-P1-same lens, the Oly I would say are overly warm so pretty true balance with the Sony...

I'll start off by saying that I have frustratingly limited subject matter in my office so I'll only include a couple of pics for now.
I have to say up front that I really like the C3 much better than the 5:D, here are a couple quick reasons,
The power switch is much easier to access, the buttons and wheel are more solid feeling, the body is less boxy and feels way better in hand. Although the shutter is loud, it seems quieter in the lighter body and the improved manual focus assist along with peaking make it a perfect match for legacy glass.
Glass.jpg

Love this Vase :)

Back