Cafe Racer

Agreed, I have ridden Motorcycles for 38 years and speeds I dare not say, however I have never felt as vulnerable as when on my push bike.

I've gone 55MPH on a bicycle. I'd prefer 100+MPH on a motorcycle any day-more protection, much better brakes.

Holy Jesus,John!
Early on in my riding days when I didn't know better,I was last man in a train doing 48 downhill and the guy whose wheel I was on suddenly braked.I had to brake also and went into a death wobble for what seemed like eternity before I could recover.After that, I never allowed myself to go over 40.

Holy Jesus,John!
Early on in my riding days when I didn't know better,I was last man in a train doing 48 downhill and the guy whose wheel I was on suddenly braked.I had to brake also and went into a death wobble for what seemed like eternity before I could recover.After that, I never allowed myself to go over 40.

Yes, I was young and stupid too. I'd go VO max on the climbs (my heart rate monitor once measured 211 BPM, I'm a high revver) and then grab the bars near the stem, clamp my knees to the top tube and let 'er rip. I did 55MPH once in CO and once in VT where the hills are shorter but steeper. Actually, on the CO trip my bike computer registered a max of 70MPH, but I never believed that number to be true.

Yes, I was young and stupid too. I'd go VO max on the climbs (my heart rate monitor once measured 211 BPM, I'm a high revver) and then grab the bars near the stem, clamp my knees to the top tube and let 'er rip. I did 55MPH once in CO and once in VT where the hills are shorter but steeper. Actually, on the CO trip my bike computer registered a max of 70MPH, but I never believed that number to be true.

John ... you are the man.

=G=

PS- Isn't it simply incredible that any of us are still alive? You know, being guys and stupid and young and all ... I guess that's redundant.

Back