Fuji calling all neck straps (and other straps,too)

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Hey Fuji peeps. I need a neckstrap. I used to use the "Streetstrap" which was a silky nylon deal. If felt great and looked great. Until I wore it with my winter coat and the velcro bits messed it up. I kinda like the Artist & Artisan simple look too, but the price gives agoraphobia (here's hoping that is indeed the word for a fear of heights). I actually thought for a moment that those "hippy" straps (think bright colors and 70s DSLRs) that so many 40-something women use with their Canons (sorry for the generalization....there's nothing wrong with being that age and into photography if you're a woman.....it's just they all seem to like the same things......maybe they're connected on pinterest).....maybe I should look around on Etsy ;)

What other options are out there.....show me your Fuji with whatever strap you use (even if it isn't a neckstrap......I need ideas)

I just use a simple leather neckstap (if you don't mind leather) here is one I purchased from eBay, I got it for something like $20 AUD and it turned out a lot better quality than I expected and feels really good around the neck now that the leather has been broken in..

View attachment 2290

I used to use a wrist strap, but changed into a neckstrap to free up my hands when I'm walking along.

Maybe you can check out Barton1972, they've got some good looking neckstraps and their prices isn't so bad either.

Attachments

• neckstrap.jpg
    neckstrap.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,607
Thanks Phoenix. I love a good leather wrist strap, but haven't really enjoyed the experience with a neckstrap of similar design. Perhaps you are a bit kinkier than I....or maybe I haven't broken one in all the way. Actually for my X100, i use a fancy half case and leather strap. I just feel like the X-Pro has more weight and needs something more substantial.

I'm often torn between good looking and functional. I prefer the look of that one from Phoenix, but TAZ, that one there also looks very good (I gotta admit I'm not sure about the limeade version. Can we get a shot of one in action? If you're too shy (or might break the camera :tomato2:), perhaps you could have your better half model it around the neck?

I'm often torn between good looking and functional. I prefer the look of that one from Phoenix, but TAZ, that one there also looks very good (I gotta admit I'm not sure about the limeade version. Can we get a shot of one in action? If you're too shy (or might break the camera :tomato2:), perhaps you could have your better half model it around the neck?

Haha, sure let me see what I can get, we're about to head to the gym, so maybe after? :p

I'm using the Peak Design Leash (I also use their Cuff and Capture as well) with my Fujis. It's soft, flexible, adjustable, quick connect/disconnect, and I appreciate the modular approach with the Cuff for when I want to go with a hand strap.

Got back from the gym pretty late last night & now she's still asleep so no photos yet.
Once we're ready to head into Manhattan, I'll ask her to model it ;)

But here's the Crumpler Popular Disgrace attached to my camera & sturdy enough to lift my camera with the tripod attached.

9405733495_63d073588f_c.jpg

Crumpler by Taz Spin, on Flickr

9408504082_fa1aae1cbc_c.jpg

Have you considered a sling strap? They're very comfortable (since the weight if the camera is on the should rather than on the neck and back), and it's easy to keep the camera secure.

There are many choices available. I use a Black Rapid one, but many more options are available in all sorts of materials (leather, canvas, silk weave, etc).

I just mentioned the black rapid as what I use (with my M9). I tend keep my hand on the camera to keep it from moving much and be ready to pull it up for a shot. I really dislike how cameras bounce around on my torso with neck straps, which is why I switched. In any case, just wanted to through another option for you. There a lot if very cool looking (less techi) slings out there. Good luck with you search. I'm sure you'll find some thing that fits your needs.

Here's a photo with the Popular Disgrace in use!

Took this yesterday, but was in a rush to leave, so posting this up today..

As you can see the black neoprene cushioning is thick and very comfortable!

9415638942_a6f9292dce_c.jpg

I have an Artisan and Artist Easy Slider neck strap on my ex-1 and an Annie Barton strap on my x100. The only drawback so,far is that when I tried doing video on the x100, there was a lot of noise from the Annie Barton strap!

A&A's are expensive but they are really, really, really comfortable and compress into almost nothing and won't scratch anything - as in your screen or your neck. Every once in a while they have some sales on Popflash: PopFlash.com - Digital cameras and lenses. Authorized dealer for Leica, Zeiss All I can tell you is that I sprung for two - for both Fuji's and I have no regrets...and one can often see moths flying out of my wallet.:daz: By the way it was good old Mark AKA Stillshunter who got me to buy the A&A straps!

Back