Fuji calling all neck straps (and other straps,too)

I am using this one as a sling style strap on my X-E1

Non-adjust-Neck-Strap-121.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Non-adjust-Neck-Strap-13.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good quality and a good price particularly when compared to the similar A&A straps. If I bought another one from Lance, I would probably buy the string loop non adjustable strap next time.as the strap, where it attaches is not as large

His website is here. I ordered online and received the strap in about 10 days in Hong Kong .

Lance Camera Straps | Non-adjust Neck Strap

Hey Fuji peeps. I need a neckstrap. I used to use the "Streetstrap" which was a silky nylon deal. If felt great and looked great. Until I wore it with my winter coat and the velcro bits messed it up.

Sorry to hear that. :(

I love my Street Strap. It's very, very comfortable. It better be, right...for an $80 piece of cord? Thanks for the heads up about velcro, I hadn't even considered that. I image velcro would make pretty short work of a nylon strap.

I tried the wider nylon straps, but, I wanted one that would get out the way on it's own when I lifted it from my waist.
Yes, I prefer a neck strap, so I bought a narrow leather strap from Cam-In Leather on eBay $28.90. free shipping
Here is their photo on a Leica

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321267108226?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$_57.JPG

Even when I hold my X-E2 in my right hand with a Thumbs-Up like grip, the strap falls out of the way when I move my camera to my eye. Perfect...

Only yesterday I received my 'Footprint' hand made leather wrist strap for my X-Pro 1, there's a large choice of colours in the 'Footprint' leather range, I decided to by the Rich brown/Dakota colour.

Top quality and beautifully made, going to order another one for my X-E 1.

I got very, very lucky. One of the old 70's minoltas I rescued from craigslist turned out to be a worthless camera / worthless 70-210 / worthless 50 f1.7, but the strap was AWESOME. It's a fairly normal looking 70's brown leather thing, fairly narrow and VERY plain. What makes it so good is that it has two leads that stay on the camera, each of which is about 5 inches long or so. I am constantly taking my strap off and on, because I sometimes want to walk around with the bag (smallish domke), and sometimes just want the camera on. This design has some perks...

1. Having those leads on the camera means I can use one single strap for both the camera AND its bag. I use it on the bag to get places, and then if I don't feel like shooting out of the bag I stash it and click the strap off the bag and onto the camera. I've done the same with the Domke's strap, which worked ok, but I didn't like how wide it was, or the grippiness of it, since I sling the camera around me diagonally... it needs to slide around my shirt up and down between shots.

2. Having the leads also means being able to detach in seconds, and no scraping or scratching the camera.

3. Coolest part = the leads are actually loops of leather that are riveted halfway, and I've found that I can put my right pinky into the right lead as I hand hold the camera with no strap. That means the right lead is acting as a wrist strap of sorts -- as a safety measure, if I were to lose my grip and drop the XT, it would be dangling from my pinky. I often do it on purpose. I just let go of the camera if I need my right hand, and it dangles.

4. Side Note: I did have to loop the left lead around on itself to shorten it, since it tended to dangle over onto the lens barrel if I rotated the camera into portrait. I just doubled it back onto itself and anchored both ends onto the camera lug, and the strap clicks onto it too.

So I don't know if any modern straps offer detachable leads like that, but they're now indispensable for me. Flicking back and forth from strap to no strap, WHILE having a built-in "wrist strap" (actually a pinky strap but serves the same insurance purpose) is a biggie.

hmm.. with the triangular Fuji rings, it's a tad short. perhaps a larger ring would solve that. the connectors are pretty cheap. i had to get extras. it's a nice way to use the same strap for different bodies.

Sling

edit: keep in mind, though, that the female side of the clip is sewn onto the strap. so, you need the DSPTCH strap for this system to work.

I took some photos quickly last night of the old leather strap. And I just realized I didn't even edit them - not even a crop or anything useful... jeez. Busy today.

15331101144_d4b307cbf1_c.jpg
DSCF8182 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Left side looped up. It occurs to me now looking at this that I don't even need this one, and I should take it off so I have a backup if the right one ever wears out.
15766090460_083ea870a6_c.jpg
DSCF8183 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Domke bag with the strap on it instead of on the camera. The canopy bungees live there so I can quickly / easily attach to a bicycle's handlebars.
15951415351_e0d63e3619_c.jpg
DSCF8184 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Loop the second half of the right lead over your pinky, between the rivet and the steel ring at the end...
15333753143_498e4a637e_c.jpg
DSCF8190 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

...and then grip as usual. The lead just stays around my pinky, and is out of the way.
15766089340_6523f96afa_c.jpg
DSCF8191 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

And if you should have an "oops," (or an attempted grab theft), it's still attached fairly well to your finger.
15951414251_a9457b82c8_c.jpg
DSCF8194 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Back