Calling em5 users

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Sep 9, 2011
Cumbria UK
Garry
Just a quick question about the display. I've just taken delivery of a mint em5 kit, I've spent 4 hours reading the manual and the David Busch book , along with playing with the menus in the camera. The question is
Why does the ISO insist on flashing in the displays and how can I stop it flashing. Thanks.
I'm sure this camera is a great bit of kit, I bought it so I could keep shooting in our lovely wet climate. But it's feeling a bit ott for me.
Perhaps I should just use it as a point and shoot in auto. But would this address the annoying flashing ISO display.
Thanks if you can help.
Got to say the stabilisation on this is unbelievably good !

krugorg

All-Pro
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota USA
Kyle Krug
I don't have mine in front of me, but I believe the camera is telling you that the ISO is not set high enough to properly expose the shot. What mode are you in?

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Sep 9, 2011
Cumbria UK
Garry
Aperture priority. I think I've found out why.
I think it flashes when the high limit on auto iso Is set to 3200. I've just lowered it to 2500 and no flashing.

krugorg

All-Pro
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota USA
Kyle Krug
Oh yeah, and I meant to say "the camera thinks" the ISO is not enough.

I am almost always in A priority mode and then manually select the ISO. The only thing I have blinking is sometimes the shutter speed when I max out during daytime. I close down the lens a bit, drop to 1/4000 or slower, and the blinking stops.

Latest threads

Top Bottom